Thursday, December 4, 2008

Alfonso Motagalvan: Adidas Predator and Adipure

Name: Alfonso Motagalvan
Team: UCSB Mens Soccer 2004-08
Cleat size: 8.5
Sneaker size: 10
Why the difference in sizes?
I like my shoe to be snug on my foot.

What cleats do you like to wear?
I wear the Adidas Predator and Adidas Adipure, simply because they are leather. My feet are very wide and those two types feel the best. I also find it easy to adjust when I have a new pair. I prefer wearing leather rather than plastic on my feet as it gives me a better feel of the ball.

What do you look for when choosing a cleat?
When it comes to cleats, I am kind of old school. I don't really like flashy colors, not my style! I play really simple, hence why I wear mostly all black cleats. My preferred cleats mostly come in that color. You have to know your feet and what you feel comfortable in. I personally think that leather is better than the synthetic material. You have to know also whether you want style points or comfort points.

Is there any additional advice you can give?
From my past experience, leather breaks in quickly but if it doesn't, I usually shower with my boots and they will mold to my foot. In order to maintain them in top form I use leather food before I wear them. Remember that the clears are your tools!

Alfonso had a very establisher career at UC Santa Barbara, winning a National Championship in 2006 and having the honor of captaining the team his senior year. In his Junior and Senior year, Alfonso scored 10 goals and had 4 assists from the Defensive midfield spot. Not a bad return! We want to thank Alfonso for his input, and wish him every success as he awaits this years MLS draft!

No comments: